The hotel is very centrally located, just off O'Connoll Street and opposite Temple Bar.
85% of the bedrooms are modern, and the remaining 15% are decorated in a Georgian style. The majority of the rooms are medium in size and in good condition. The Georgian rooms are all large and in very good condition. All rooms have full facilities (colour TV, tea and coffee facilities, trouser press, air-conditioning). All the bathrooms are in good condition and small in size. This is a 100% non smoking hotel.
There is one restaurant situated on the ground floor, where breakfast and dinner are served. There is also a large bar that provides a full carvery for lunch and live traditional Irish music every night.
The front of the hotel is mock Georgian and gives the property a traditional look, although the hotel was only built in 1998.
The lobby area is large in size and is furnished in medieval style, with Norman arches, wood panelling, and suits of armour. Adjacent to the reception, there is a spacious seating area.
A traditional-style hotel with a superb location. The bar can be very lively and stays open late.
Note: We update hotel photos, maps and descriptions on a regular basis – it is the responsibility of the hotel to ensure that these are accurate !
12 kms to the nearest airport (dublin airport)
5 minute walk to the nearest metro station (tara street)
Excellent location and food. Double beds are singles pushed together so bit of a drop in the middle but not a major issue. Very reasonable pricing for everything. Not your traditional Dublin prices despite its central location. Would recommend to anyone looking to stay in Dublin.
We really enjoyed our stay here. Rooms were clean and comfortable, staff friendly and helpful, great entertainment with the meal an Celtic show food was beautiful and very reasonable, great music in lounge bar and service, breakfast was excellent and great choice, car parking about 6 mins walk away 10 euro deal when staying in hotel for 24hrs. All in all we had a brilliant stay and great value. We will be back.
5 out of 5
Stayed last Friday for blades gig. Great staff from front ...