Best Western Hotels & Resorts launches new cleaning programme, Hotels that Care
Best Western is the most recent hotel chain to expand its cleaning protocols due to the impacts of COVID-19.
Best Western is one of our largest hotel partners - and a partner on our Key Worker Support package. With over 4,700 hotels in over 100 countries worldwide - the chain has always been a leader in cleanliness, launching their 'I Care Clean' programme in 2012. For nearly 75 years they have maintained a positive reputation for providing guests with clean, well-maintained accommodations.
As part of their ongoing commitment to keep guests safe and healthy during these uncertain times they've launched a new cleaning programme called Hotels That Care based upon guidance provided by the WHO, the Center for Disease Control, and other government agencies.
Find Best Western in Roomex with our new 'RoomexClean' tag, indicating that it's exceeded the cleaning standards as recommended by the Word Health Organization. Read more about our RoomexClean feature here.
The Hotels That Care programme addresses five main areas in their hotels:
1. Front desk and lobby
- The use of Best Western's Mobile Concierge Platform will be in use to minimise guest contact with a streamlined check in and check out procedures
- Social distancing measures implemented
- Lobby brochures, magazines, and papers removed
- Enhanced sanitisation procures and deep cleaning in heavily trafficked areas like the front desk and the lobby
- Sanitising wipes and stations will be available throughout the hotel
2. Guest rooms and housekeeping
- Enhanced cleaning protocols have been implemented
- If possible guest rooms will not be entered for 24-72 hours after check out
- All touch points (faucets, door handles, light switches, thermostats, clocks, hangers) will be cleaned and sanitised
- Unnecessary items like decorative pillows and bed scarves, pens and paper are removed
- For safety of guests and staff, housekeeping service will be only available on request
3. Food and beverage updates
- Offerings have been adapted for guest and staff health and safety
- Breakfast rooms will be closed depending on location to avoid unnessary guest congregation
- Enhanced Grab and Go options are being offered in most hotels
4. Public amenities
- When allowed to open, public amenities like fitness centres, swimming pools, and meeting rooms will be cleaned on closely monitored schedules with disinfect chemicals
- Each evening, these areas will be sanitised with the use of electrostatic fogging, ozone generators, or ultraviolet devices
5. Hotel employee and staff requirements
- Hotel employees will follow strict guidelines - including wearing PPE, frequent and stringent hand washing protocols
- Employee workstations will be cleaned and disinfected after every shift
- Employees will be empowered to stay home if unwell, and communicate on potential exposure to COVID-19, and will be fully educated on how to maintain safe and clean home
See what Best Western is doing to ensure guest and staff safety in this short video.