The Clayton Hotel Cork is superbly located overlooking Cork's famous River Lee and facing the inspired architecture of City Hall. The Clarion Cork is the largest hotel in Cork and is located within 5 minutes of all the business, shopping and entertainment areas of Cork City and was awarded the Cork Business of the Year Award for 2009 by the Cork Business Association. Our 4 Star luxury hotel accommodation includes 191 en suite bedrooms (all non smoking),
Other key features of the hotel are 6 conference and event suites ideal for all conferencing and weddings, Sanovitae Leisure Centre and Essence Spa with 5 Treatment & Therapy Rooms, Augustine's Restaurant, Kudos Bar with Boardwalk seating outside, Atrium Lounge and 24 Hour Room Service.
WIFI Internet Access is available complimentary to all Guests throughout the entire hotel, including all bedrooms, public areas and all conference & events rooms. The Clarion Hotel Cork is Cork’s premier City Hotel with nothing overlooked but the Lee.
Note: We update hotel photos, maps and descriptions on a regular basis – it is the responsibility of the hotel to ensure that these are accurate !
The hotel’s city centre location is a 2 minute walk from the shopping and business centre of Cork City, a 2 minute walk from Cork's Bus Station, and a 10 minute walk from Kent Train Station. The ARC Event Centre opened in September 2010 at the Cork Docklands and is a full size event venue. This is only a 10 minute walk from the Clarion Hotel.
Parking is available at the Lapps Quay public car park which is located underneath the hotel where there is a €12 overnight rate available for guests of the hotel.
• I had paid an extra €20 for a king size bed and was given a room with a queen size bed, all of 5ft wide.
• I asked to be moved and was transferred to an apartment which was supposed to have a king size bed but again was a 5ft, the standard size of a king size bed is 76” x 80”.
• The apartment was tired and in need of decoration but I did not want to ‘complain’ again.
• There was a strong stench in the corridor leading to the apartment and when using the lift leading to the exit door at the side of the hotel, the smell resembled a heavy sewage type smell.
• The cooker top in the apartment had not been cleaned and there was a layer of grease on same.
• The shower did not work properly in that there was only a trickle of water from the shower head, and the water was cold. When you turned the tap to the ‘hot’ symbol, the water was mildly lukewarm, but not warm enough for s shower.
• The towel rail in the bathroom had not been cleaned and there was a layer of dust on each rung at either side of the towel with soap scum stains on the sides.
Very good rooms. Staff generally pleasant. Quality of Guinness and Murphys disgraceful. Room service breakfast served promptly but was cold. No milk or honey for porridge. Overall standard has slipped.