In a beautiful, quiet location with mountain views, Pilgrims Rest is a charming, country-house hotel next to Mount Melleray Abbey, with en suite rooms and tasty food.
The family-run Pilgrims Rest Hotel is close to the Blackwater River for fishing and 20 minutes from Dungarvan and Clonmel. The villages of Cappoquin and Lismore are nearby.
The restaurant and tearooms serve home-cooked breakfasts, snacks, roast meals and dinners.
Guests arriving later that 21:00 should inform the hotel at the time of booking. This can be done by using the Special Requests box.
Please note that the restaurant will be closed from 24 September 2015 until 15 December 2015, and from 01 January 2016 until 15 March 2016. No food will be available during these dates.
Cappoquin is situated on the northern bank of the River Blackwater, 15 miles (25 km) from Dungarvan, 55 miles (90 km) from the city of Waterford and 7 miles (11 km) from Lismore. Mount Melleray is 4 miles (6.5 km) from Cappoquin.
By Car (from Cappoquin):
- Once you get to Cappoquin, follow the signs to Mount Melleray.
- After approximately 3 miles (5 km) turn right at the Cats Bar.
- You will then go past the Mount Melleray Grotto on the left-hand side.
- Carry on for another 0.25 miles (0.4 km) and you will see the hotel, the gates of Mount Melleray Abbey are on the left, just past the hotel.
By Car (from Cork):
- Take the N8 road, following the signs for Dublin.
- At Fermoy, which is approximately 20 minutes drive, follow the signs to Waterford.
- After about 10 minutes, bypass Tallow and carry straight on into Lismore, which should take you approximately another 10 minutes.
- Turn Left at Lismore Castle, following the signs for Cappoquin.
- At Cappoquin, follows the signs towards Mount Melleray, which is approximately 4 miles (6.5 km) further on.
Note: We update hotel photos, maps and descriptions on a regular basis – it is the responsibility of the hotel to ensure that these are accurate !